Monday, July 30, 2007

iPhone problems : going, going, ...

The iPhone which I had bought a couple of days before the start of this road trip has proven extremely useful during the first part of the trip. I am using it to access emails (yahoo and gmail only; haven't figured out how to configure hotmail yet), maps for directions, browse the Internet, play youtube videos, calendar & date book, taking quick notes, phone with an address book (which is likely to become the central repository of all my contact details) and even the calculator.

The only major functionality of the iPhone I haven't used so far is the iPod part of it!

After serving its function admirably over the first 10 days of its life with me, the iPhone started crashing very frequently by the time we were in Wisconsin. Nothing was working other than the phone, and it was making me feel handicapped.

Decided to go to Apple store to complain about my iPhone problems, and after struggling with Chicago traffic and commuter train delays, finally was able to sit face to face with an iPhone expert at the Michigan Avenue Apple store. They guy did a full power shutdown and restarted it, and all the problems vanished into thin air.

In the 2 weeks I had the iPhone, I had not bothered to read the instruction book-let to know enough as to how to shutdown the damn thing :)

Next part of the trip is going to be iPhone-enabled as well.

No comments: